What are HHA Hand Hygiene Workshops?
HHA Hand Hygiene Workshops are designed to teach participants how to audit Hand Hygiene Compliance using the 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene audit tool.
The Workshops also provide education to participants on implementing a Hand Hygiene program at a healthcare facility, and Hand Hygiene education for healthcare workers.
Who should Attend a Workshop?
Careful thought and planning needs to be put into choosing the right person to attend a workshop. They will usually become the person who conducts the HHC audits. The appropriate person will vary between facilities. Points to consider include:
- Have a background as a clinical health professional
- Availability to attend HHA Auditor training
- Have time available to conduct audits
- Have a good understanding of auditing/feedback/education processes
- Acknowledge and understand safety and privacy concerns of patients and staff
- Have the ability to provide immediate feedback to staff for good hand hygiene practices, and correct unacceptable performance
- Auditors from a variety of health professions could promote widespread acceptance/ownership/participation in activities to improve hand hygiene within their area.
Learning Outcomes for Gold Standard Auditors pdf (reviewed June 2011)
Workshop Online Booking Form
There are no costs to attend a HHA workshop.
Upcoming Workshop Dates 2017:
- 8-9th February 2017 - The Canberra Hospital
NSW Private Organisations:
- 6-7th March 2017 - North Shore Private
- 1-2nd May 2017 - St Vincent's Private
- 21-22nd August 2017 - Sydney Adventist Hospital
- 6-7th March 2017 - Brisbane
- 6-7th June 2017 - Brisbane
- 5-6th September 2017 - Brisbane
SA Private Organisations:
- 15-16th March 2017 - Calvary North Adelaide
- Public organisations - 23-24th February 2017 - Doherty Institute
- Private organisations - 27-28 March 2017 - Austin Hospital