What are HHA Hand Hygiene Workshops?
HHA Hand Hygiene Workshops are designed to teach participants how to audit Hand Hygiene Compliance using the 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene audit tool.
The Workshops also provide education to participants on implementing a Hand Hygiene program at a healthcare facility, and Hand Hygiene education for healthcare workers.
Who should Attend a Workshop?
Careful thought and planning needs to be put into choosing the right person to attend a workshop. They will usually become the person who conducts the HHC audits. The appropriate person will vary between facilities. Points to consider include:
- Have a background as a clinical health professional
- Availability to attend HHA Auditor training
- Have time available to conduct audits
- Have a good understanding of auditing/feedback/education processes
- Acknowledge and understand safety and privacy concerns of patients and staff
- Have the ability to provide immediate feedback to staff for good hand hygiene practices, and correct unacceptable performance
- Auditors from a variety of health professions could promote widespread acceptance/ownership/participation in activities to improve hand hygiene within their area.
Learning Outcomes for Gold Standard Auditors pdf (reviewed June 2011)
Workshop Online Booking Form
Upcoming Workshop Dates 2016:
ACT: 29th Feb - 1st March - limited spaces available
NSW Private Organisations:
NT: TBA for 2016
- 3-4th May
- 6-7th September
SA Private Organisations:
TAS: 18-19th April - currently full - please apply on waitlist if you wish to attend
- Private Organisations 6-7th June
- Public Organisations 11-12th August
- 13-14th April - Perth
- 27-28th July - Broome
- 24-25th August - Perth
- 19 - 20 September - Private Organisations - Perth
- 9-10th November - Bunbury